Monday, February 8, 2010

Who's getting Married?



Twitter is alight this morning! Tell me something new right? But the main theme today? The Carrie Prejean engagement to Ram's QB Kyle Boller...just in time for Valentines Day...:SIGH:  Ugh.  OK for those of you that don't know (or were under a rock - I'm not judging). Carrie Prejean was that California beauty queen that openly spoke out about Gay marriage.  Probably not the best career move for a CA girl but hey that's her prerogative.

Anyway people are fired up.  Why? because she's getting married when she doesn't think others should be allowed to.
I get it - but I don't see the big deal here (and yet I'm blogging about it ironic I know). 
But plenty of angry conservative folks get engaged and married everyday. I'm pretty sure Anita Bryant was and probably still is married.  George Bush - still married.




John McCain is still married - although we all love his wife.
Let's face it that's ballsy - we heart her.

Anyway - what's the point here? I get that Prejean believes in taking away the rights of others. Newsflash: A LOT of people do.  It doesn't mean we need to make a big deal of her marriage I have a feeling it won't make much of a splash down the road. She's young - 22 and who knows what's going to happen here?  Another divorcee' on a reality show?  Maybe - or maybe she'll fall on her head and have an epiphany, who knows?



I'm not saying she'll change her mind but free speech is free speech.  So she gets married and she's against everyone else that wants to.  If she doesn't get the hypocrisy now she's not going to get it EVER. It's like trying to train a beagle to speak French.  You're never going to hear the little sucker utter "fromage" no matter how much cheese you let him eat.

So ok I get that it's causing a bit of an uproar but lets focus on other things - say gay marriage in CA...I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment